Manamon 2: The Eternal Requiem
VGStorm would like to welcome you once again to the world of Manamon!
Manamon 2, like its predecessor, is a turnbased roleplaying game in which you capture various feral monsters you find around the world and use them to help you complete the brand new storyline. It features a new online system which will allow you to trade and battle your friends to determine which of you is the stronger Manamon Tamer, all without messing with your router's firewall or sharing your IP address!
In the world of Manamon, children between the ages of 10 and 14 embark on a journey to challenge the 7 stadium leaders in their country. Once those stadium keys are collected, the challenger may proceed to challenge the Master's Stadium with the goal of becoming the Manamon Master. Though most start their journey right away at age 10, you were regretably unable to start your journey, but now, some years later, it is finally time!
You will travel across the vast drought ravaged country of Kiarre, collecting the 7 stadium keys in order to become the master! But wait! Who is this strange man calling himself Eshcon? Could he be the one to save Kiarre from its years long drought? What are these strange creatures called Hyper formss
As you travel, you will meet many new and interesting characters and quickly find yourself in the middle of a saga that goes far beyond merely collecting stadium keys.
Manamon 2's storyline is not a sequel storyline to Manamon 1's directly, though it does contain sequel elements. You can play Manamon and Manamon 2 in any order, with each shedding light on the other. Manamon 2 takes place around 3 years after the original game. Any relevant events from the first Manamon game are explained as if you are unfamiliar with them. If you're not sure where to start, you can't go wrong if you begin your Manamon adventure with Manamon 2.
- 149 new Manamon creatures, for a total of 307 Manamon.
- About 400 attacks these manamon can learn.
- A brand new country with tons of all new areas to explore.
- The complex turn based battle system from Manamon 1 makes a return.
- A unique system of straight forward navigation which was first introduced in the game Paladin of the Sky.
- Over 140 pieces of equipment you can give your Manamon to make them stronger.
- Over 100 different special abilities, and every single manamon has one creating even more unpredictable and diverse battles.
- Creative sound design making all of the cities, caves, and battles come alive.
- An online system which will allow you to battle and trade with your friends without needing to exchange IP addresses or forward ports!
- An online battle recorder which allows you to relive noteworthy battles.
- A few postgame surprises, including the ability to rebattle all the stadium leaders.
- Self voicing using SAPI 5 compatible voices.
- An improved sapi mode that makes sluggish voices much more usable.
- Though not recommended, players requiring NVDA support can enable it.
- Slight changes to the type effectiveness chart and to some Manamon 1 attacks for greater balance.
- After completing the game, you can bring over your Manamon 1 friends to your Manamon 2 game!
- And much, much more for you to discover!
Manamon 2 is shareware, and can be purchased for $39.95 here.
The game offers an expansive demo mode that will allow you to get a feel for the game. You will be able to reach the third stadium for free. The game will not allow you to use any of the online features, however, until you've purchased the full version. You are also unable to use the Pocket Copter item to visit previous areas in the game. Apart from these limitations, the game's entire feature set up to the third stadium is available.
Getting the Game
You can download Manamon 2 here.
You can buy the game for $39.95 here.
The current version is V1.3.6. This does not update the audio, so if you already installed version 1.2.1, and don't wish to redownload half a gigabyte of data, you can download and extract this zip file where you installed Manamon 2. If you have not installed version 1.2.1, you should reinstall the application to get the latest version.
We hope you enjoy Manamon!