VGStorm would like to welcome you to the world of Manamon!
Manamon is a turnbased roleplaying game in which you capture various feral monsters you find around the world and use them to help you complete the storyline.
It features experimental online gameplay which will allow you to trade and battle your friends to determine which of you is the stronger Manamon Tamer.
In the world of Tangeria, children around ages 10 to 14 become Manamon Tamers. A Manamon Tamer is someone who captures and befriends creatures in the wild.
The tamer will then battle with other Tamers in order to gain more experience. Its a Manamon Tamer's job to collect and train Manamon in hopes of becoming the Manamon Master, but the road to become the master is never easy.
While traveling across the world, you will occasionally discover stadiums. Stadiums are battle arenas with powerful leaders who will put your Manamon to the test. You must defeat seven of these leaders in order to gain admittance into the Master's Stadium where you will battle the Manamon Master. The Manamon Master is widely regarded as the strongest Manamon Tamer in the land of Tangeria, and its for that title that you endeavor.
In the game, you will play as a brand new Manamon Tamer who hopes to take on this Stadium Challenge. That's your plan, at least. But when you discover an evil organization bent on the typical goal of world domination, your plans to become the Master might be interrupted somewhat.
Its a long way from 1 stadium to the next, so your bound to meet lots of people and have many adventures along the way. Who knows what your Manamon adventure may bring!
- 158 Manamon Creatures to discover, capture, and fight against.
- Over 200 different attacks these Manamon can learn.
- A large world in which to immerse yourself.
- A complex turn based battle system.
- A unique system of straight forward navigation which was first introduced in the game Paladin of the Sky and was improved upon in Manamon.
- Lots of items for you to find and use in order to help yourself during your journey.
- Many types of equipment you can give your Manamon to make them stronger.
- Several minigames for you to play throughout your adventure.
- Creative sound design making all of the cities, caves, and battles come alive.
- An experimental online system which will allow you to battle and trade with your friends.
- An online battle recorder which allows you to relive noteworthy battles.
- A few postgame surprises.
- Self Voicing using SAPI 5 compatible voices.
Manamon is a shareware product, meaning you'll have to pay in order to experience the full feature set and storyline. An expansive demo mode is available, which will allow you to reach the second stadium leader, offering hours of free gameplay. Barring online features, the entire game up to the second stadium can be played in full, and your progress will be saved so that you can transition seamlessly from the free demo to the full version.
Getting the Game
You can download Manamon here.
You can buy the game for $39.95 here.
We hope you enjoy Manamon!